I moved my blog to WordPress just a few weeks ago and have had more fun blogging than ever before. Entirely because of the open arms of other bloggers. One especially, she nominated me for this award. (So blame her for wasting the nomination on me.) Find her here, Writers Blog. She’s always entertaining and insightful to read, so really go check out her work.
Thanks for the nomination, Lily!
Post eleven facts about yourself
Answer the questions posed by your nominator
Pass the award on to eleven new recipients – preferably under 200 followers
Post eleven new questions to your bloggers
You can post a copy of the badge onto your blog, just put ‘Liebster Award’ into google and there are lots to chose from! Also remember to put the links of your nominees on your post, so everyone can see why you think they are so great!!
Eleven Facts About Me:
1. I grew up in Southern California and now live in Tennessee. Where I find myself missing the beach so much more than I ever thought I would.
2. I prefer candle light while I write. Always having some unscented candle on my desk along with an old fashion library light just for back up.
3. Typically after my third cup of espresso, I’ll stand up from chair and start yelling, “More Coffeeee!.” While my cat stares at me wondering why the hell I’m hollering.
4. Most of the time my desk is covered in 1 part writing stuff(iPad, keyboard, notebooks, pencils,) 1 part beer bottles, 1 part coffee cups, and 1 part candle tops. For some reason the candles get thrown away but the tops never do. They make good drink coasters.
5. I just recently learned how to tie a tie. Not that I didn’t wear them on occasion, I just kept them tied and loosened them when I took them off. Still can’t tie a bow tie though. Those damn things are difficult.
6. I can watch all types of horror movies except ghost movies. They scare the shit out of me.
7. When I was twelve or so, I tripped down a flight of concrete stairs and was bleeding from several areas. But I popped back up hoping the good looking girl behind me didn’t see my fall. Fairly certain I limped for the next day or so, but I’ll be damned if that girl saw me.
8. I have never read Lord of the Flies, The Great Gatsby, or Catcher in the Rye. Incredibly embarrassing and I do want them. Just haven’t ever gotten around to buying them.
9. Out of all the hostess products I could miss, (Twinkies, Cupcakes, Ho-Hos.) I actually miss Snoballs the most. Those coconut covered, pink fluff balls that I think I haven’t eaten in over a decade.
10. I played ice hockey from when I was 5 until just before I turned 18. Giving the game up to move to Tennessee with my girlfriend. which leads to number –
11. I live vicariously through my best friend who chose playing ice hockey instead of a girlfriend. He too has a girlfriend now and has kinda settled. Now we just kinda argue over why we ever got girlfriends.
Questions and answers:
1. What are you currently reading?
Douglas Adams’ “Salmon of Doubt.” It kinda reads like a biography and it’s really great.
2. If you could meet any three people (alive, dead or fictional) who would it be?
Let’s just go one in each category. Darren Shan the author my two favorite young adult series’ and his adult trilogy, “The City Trilogy.” All of his work is fantastic and I’d like to know his technique.. Bob Marley. His music is great and as a person his insight was/is incredible. And for fictional, Dante from the Divine Comedy.
3. Your favourite book?
It’s hard to narrow it down to a single book. But there is one that I have kept around for years called “Feed.” By M.T. Anderson. Someone bought it for me and it sat for a while on my book shelf. It was one of my first Sci-fi books so I wasn’t sure how I would like it. I definitely liked it and even after the several years its been since I read it, I can still remember most of it.
4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
My parents signed me up for an ice skating class when for my fifth birthday. Well when I got there it turned out that it was a beginner figure skating class. So my first time on ice was in figure skates.
5. Can you make any anagrams with your name?
Actually that’s why I chose “Tafe” for my pen name. Fate.
6. What would you rather read, Harry Potter or Twilight?
Harry Potter. Twilight isn’t as awful as people make it out to be. But I would never read the books.
7. One skill you wish you had?
I wish I could draw, sketch, paint. Something along those lines would be fantastic. But unfortunately I still draw stick figures and every time I try my hand at sketching it turns out a mess.
8. Your favourite song at the moment?
Harlem Shake by Baauer. Its not for the song itself but how people dance to it. Look up a Harlem shake video and be prepared to laugh!
9. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Picture Perfect I think. My girlfriend wanted to see it and it did have some funny parts.
10. Your best childhood memory?
Basically every road trip with my dad. I traveled a lot for hockey and most of the time I kept my iPod in. But occasionally my dad and I just talked. Now, with him across the country, I wish I left my iPod at home for those trips.
11. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
England, Australia, back to Jamaica. Somewhere I am surprised by just how much I have in common with people.
This is the part where I’d put my own nominations if I had any. Sadly I haven’t been on WordPress long enough to have more than a handful of people to nominate and just about all of them have already been nominated. So this is where I will send you to my nominator’s,(Lily,) nominations. I checked them out and they are all great. Go and take a look for yourself!
Thanks to everyone for reading,